Rules were made to be broken – right?
If you want a fantastic hen party, that everyone enjoys and people will talk about forevermore, stick to the following.
Some people have more than one hen party, I had two!
The first one was for all the relatives – aunts and mother and future mother-in-law.
This is where you get and receive all the cards, gift and books on how to be the perfect wife, along with a few jokey items like rolling pins plus any other advice they choose to bestow upon you from their years of experience.
It is followed by a lively meal and then onto a trendy bar for more drinks. By around 2am everyone is tucked up in bed.
Then come’s the second hen party.
Make sure you trust your bridesmaids! Things could get messy.
Top Ten Rules For A Really Great Hen Party.
Set up a Facebook group for those who are invited make sure it is a closed group.
- Pick a theme – something everyone can do like nautical, vintage or a pamper party.
- What happens in Vegas stays in Vegas, I don’t need to say anymore.
- Stripper or No Stripper – Check with the venue first. The one thing you don’t want is to be kicked out of a venue.
- Games – ppin the bottle, truth n dare, two truths & a lie.
- NO photo’s to be shared outside the Facebook page.
- No shots or cocktails till after 10pm.
- No contacting the groom, keep the bride-to-be away from her phone.
- Do not let the bride-to-be out of your sight.
- Wear comfortable shoes, it is going to be a long night so pick your outfit in advance.
Hen Party Survival Kit
- Mints or fresh spray
- Paracetamol & plasters.
- A list of everyone’s phone number plus some emergency phone numbers in case anyone gets lost.
- Eye makeup remover wipe, no one needs panda eyes in the morning, it will be bad enough.
- Concealer, tinted lip balm, mini perfume.
Finally stock up on all your goodies. Hen parties are meant to be a bit of fun, not to be taken too seriously, so go all out you will never do it again.
Get all the accessories, the L plate, the veil, the willy straws, flashing tiara’s etc. Get the T-shirt printed, some of my best nights out have been hen parties.
Have fun, you can bet the groom will on his stag party.